updates
Hey there stranger! Welcome to our little corner of happiness, otherwise known as Forever After! So glad you found us on the big wide world of the web! We are essentially an AU Once Upon a Time rpg, with a dash of Narnia, as well as other interesting fairy tales and folklores added into the mix! Feel free to look around and get an idea of who were are and what we do here, and don’t be shy, you can always ask any questions in our friendly C-Box! We hope you join here at FA!

events
staff

wanted

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic
New Poll

a new friend (jafar)
bartholomew
 Posted: Mar 12 2015, 11:34 PM
- Members -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
N/A
- Awards: None -
is Offline

Bartholomew/Leonardo Cooper
Thirteen year old Bart grin as walked around the house. He and Merlin had come here to visit Agrabah. Merlin was off talking with Amara and he was exploring. He was a teenager now and had been training with Merlin for years. Merlin told him of his curse and his magic kept it at bay for the most part keeping Bart happy and good. He thought of exploring the tow but he didn't want to get lost. He kept exploring the house and didn't notice where he was going as he bumped into a table and nearly knocked over a vase. He grabbed it setting it on the table as he sighed in relief. He really didn't want to break anything. He was just a guest here.

He did wish there was more kids his own age to hang out with and play. There were a lot of kids back in Camelot. Although many of the ones that had started there were no longer kids and were busy with chores or other duties so he saw less and less of them. He kept walking around wondering if there was anyone else here to talk to or if Amara lived by herself.

© kristen

--------------------
user posted image

I'm Baelfire/Neal, Arion/Samson/Felipe, Eustace, Maleficent, and Bartholomew/Leonardo.
PMEmail
^
Jafar
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 01:37 PM
- Members -
"That's the thing about power... It can be so fleeting."
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Genie
is Offline

When Amara strolled the streets of Agrabah, the crowd would 'break their ranks' so to speak. Without even a second thought, people would hurry out of the way to let her pass through. Jafar, however, had never inspired such fear, and he, unlike her, had never once received nervous glances from anyone the moment he arrived at any given location. This was presumably because he never once had used his abilities as a sorcerer to bring harm to those who were not deserving of it. In fact, he rarely used magic at all. Magic never solved anymore problems than it caused, so alas, he choose not to. He did not want to be feared. Even if he one day would get hold of real power, (as if Amara ever would expect him to 'be ready' for such privileges), what could he possibly accomplish by making sure his presence alone was enough to make people turn on their heels and run in the opposite direction? The thrill of the chase? No, true power came from manipulation, not from magic or petty intimidation. If anything, laying waste upon your foes just because one is capable of doing so is a rather tedious and time-consuming process... Especially when it would be more practical by far to turn to the supporters of your enemies and gain their trust. If one truly wanted power, one have to know what makes people tick, and do whatever was necessary to find out exactly what that is. To benefit from emphasizing the importance of being aware of people's weaknesses and other useful information in order to keep one's position of being one step ahead of everyone else in the event of a confrontation, would be a superior weapon. Not that he ever would find the need to go to such measures, of course, he was quite content with his life and had no urgent need to make enemies of any sort, although he believed his thread of thought was much more logical than that of his Mistress...

It had been a most busy week. While there had been little time for lessons in sorcery or potion-craft, he had been preoccupied with looking after Amara's sheep and goats. Their wool could be used for making clothing, and their milk could be bottled or used for the creation of butter, all of which he would sell at the market. After all, not even the most powerful practitioners of magic could conjure riches out of thin air. Now, however, Jafar did not stand by any stall. Rather, he was allowed some spare time for a change. That is not to say he did not have any of his goods with him, for he could easily use them to trade for others goods. Therefore, he stood currently by a stall on the far end of the market place, further away from the royal palace, looking over some jars with herbs when a growling voice caught his attention. He knew it well. It was the always greedy and always aggressive fruit dealer; a large and stout man with a huge nose and luxuriant beard that rarely had anything good to say about someone, but somehow still always managed to sell off a lot of products every day. This time, the man was towering over a small child, his beady eyes narrow with fury.

"You'll better be able to pay for that, street rat!" The man snarled, and as if he already knew the answer, he already had grabbed a large knife which gleamed in the light of the burning sun. The apple, of which it had been taken a solid bite, fell to the ground as the small boy backed away, his eyes big with fright, shaking his head wildly and raising his hands up before his face. The big man approached him quickly and grabbed the lad by the hair and forcefully kept him from running, completely ignoring his sobbing whimpers.
"No one steals from my chart," the man shouted, his face had gradually turned more and more red, and by now, the man's face had taken on the color of a tomato: "thief!"

As the man pushed the boy back towards the chart, and swept away a bunch of apples with his free hand before he placed the boy's arm onto the wooden surface of counter, a knife was raised high above both their heads, gleaming threatningly, then - nothing happened. He never got the chance to hand out the penalty for stealing - Jafar had seized the older man by the wrist and held him back. In the confusion, the stouter of the two had loosened his grip on the boy in order to properly move his attention towards the teenager, and the little one stumbled and fell on his back, but did not rise to his feet, apparantly out of fear of what might happen if he did.
"What is the meaning of this?" Jafar demanded.
"How dare you!" the man snarled, and tried to pull his arm free from a surprisingly solid iron grip, the boy's short stature and slim body taken into consideration, yet to no avail; "Get your hands off me - That street rat is a thief! I will have his hand!"
"And why would you want that?"
"He is a criminal! It is my right!"
"It is your right to maim little children?" Jafar said in an icy tone of voice, eying him contemptuously.
Jafar snorted. "If he had struck you with a blade and stolen your money for profit, that would make him a thief. See the difference? Fending for himself the only way he can in order not to die of starvation does not make him a criminal, you half-wit!"

With some effort, Jafar succeeded in pushing the man off his feet before he turned to the little boy and bent down and he forced himself to smile, but before he could offer the child a hand to help him up from the dust, the boy shrieked and lifted a trembling finger, and Jafar spun around just in time to see the blade of the trader's knife gleam brightly once more, and Jafar raised a hand in reflex, as if to catch the steel before it could make contact with his head, and the salesman let out a painful cry and dropped the weapon, which was glowing red, as if it had just now been taken out of the blacksmith's stove. The man took a few steps back and waved his burned hand violently and pointed at Jafar with eyes filled of horror; "[i]S - sorcerer!
" he whispered, before he turned on his heal, running as fast as he possibly could and called for the guards - and so did almost all the others, except the few who hid behind their stalls and charts and tried to avoid eye contact with him or each other. Jafar breathed a sigh of relief, and sneered to himself. By the time the guards arrived, he would be long gone. He turned towards the kid once more, but the smile left him once he saw the look on the child's face, who got to his feet - and if he had feared to loose his hand, he now looked upon his savior with nothing short of horror. Jafar raised his hands, and took a step back to show he was not a threat. "Do not be afraid," he said, but these words fell to deaf ears, apparently. The kid ran. Jafar stood there looking after him with a wounded expression on his face. If this was how Amara defined power... He did not want it.
PM
^
bartholomew
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 09:27 PM
- Members -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
N/A
is Offline

Bart left the house tied of exploring it as he walked out into the city. He felt like he was drawn here as he saw Jafar defend a boy using magic as the people started to panic. So he was a sorcerer? He wondered if this boy knew Amara. He wasn't sure how many of them there were outside of Camelot. He walked up to the boy seeing some merchants were panicking guessing they were scared of him for some reason and he was curious.

"Hello. I'm Bartholomew but everyone calls me Bart. I'm visiting with my teacher and he's chatting with an old friend. I want to explore the city since it's the first time I've been here. I don't know if or when I'll come back so I'm not going to miss this chance." said Bart.

He grinned seeing the shocked look on some faces as he was talking to Jafar as if he wasn't scared of him at all. Bart knew enough to protect himself and he could always teleport away as well. Of course that'd out him as a sorcerer but he could just escape back to Camelot with Merlin so the only loss he'd get is not being able to see more of this beautiful city. <> "Would you mind coming along? I could use some company. That way when I get myself hopelessly lost I won't be alone." said Bart.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Jafar
 Posted: Mar 20 2015, 10:47 AM
- Members -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Genie
is Offline

Abruptly torn away from his train of thought, Jafar jumped and turned towards the direction from which the voice came and blinked rather foolishly for a few seconds with a puzzled expression. Someone addressed him - in a friendly manner? Jafar's dark eyes darted back and forth between the fleeing habitants of Agrabah before his eyes fell upon the boy who had spoken to him. The lad was obviously not from around here, that much was certain. Not only did he stand quite still while everyone was running for their lives, but it was also evident due to his pale complexion and odd choice of clothing. A tourist, perhaps? A tourist who was too ignorant to know when to fear? Jafar frowned and took a step or two closer, trying to figure out the proper way to greet someone who apparently popped up from nowhere and knew nothing of Agrabah's darkest secrets. However, there was something about him which tickled the older boy's curiosity. Opening his mouth to answer, he were almost taken by surprise by his own words, which came out as a question rather than the introduction he had intended for:

"You are not running?" it sounded silly when he said it like that, but - well, he simply had to ask. "Why are you not running?"
PM
^
bartholomew
 Posted: Mar 23 2015, 02:44 AM
- Members -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
N/A
is Offline

Bart grinned genuinuly at the man as he looked confused. He walked up to him not showing any fear at all. He heard Jafar's questions and smiled.

"Why would I run? Sorcery is very cool and I'd like to be your friend. Besides..." He trailed off summoning a fireball in his hand with a grin.

"I can do it too." said Bart.

He extinqushed the fireball and grinned at Jafar.

"I'm Bartholomew. My friends call me Bart. I'm visiting here from another kingdom. I was hoping we could hang out and talk. Maybe practice some together? I'm sure we can find ways to entertain ourselves. Unless you have other plans for today."" said Bartholomew. He paused glancing around as the peasants were in hiding for the most part. The ones that hadn't run away. He sighed turning back to Jafar. Some were afraid of the magic Jafar and Bart could do as Bart smirked.

"How about we just get out of here for now? Since we're clearly not wanted here. It's only a matter of time before the cops get here." said Bart.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Jafar
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 03:57 PM
- Members -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Genie
is Offline

Jafar watched the youngster without blinking, his stare was blank as paper. It was not a stare from which one could assume he were attempting to dominate the boy through intimidation or anger, but a look of curiosity and unanswered question. As far as he knew, he had yet to meet someone who could do magic beside himself and Mistress Amara. He frowned slightly, but it was not anger, it was more thoughtful and anxious. Solicitous. That's it. He felt solicitous. The only emotions he had ever seen in relation to witchcraft, was ruthless malice from the one practicing them and the fear in the eyes of its victim. To see this boy being so relaxed, so carefree - either he had to be a highly powerful sorcerer in his own right, or he were blissfully unaware that magic never solved any more problems than it solved. Ignorant of the dangers of recklessness with such powers could be fatal, that much he knew. And as Amara had always told him, from the very first day he began to learn; 'Magic - always comes with a price'. His eyes moved down onto the palm of the lad's hand, watching the pulsating flames dancing as if the flesh on the end of his arm were like a very small fireplace, and that the fire he had conjured, had been burning for hours and hours. Then it was gone - put out by the very same person whom had created them. He eyed the palm for a second or two, a little disappointed that the spell had come to pass so quickly. Being in the presence of another sorcerer felt... good. And now, with the spell undone, it felt as if he stood before, not another sorcerer, but another boy. A little more than a child, as innocent and unknowing of life's horrors as anyone could hope a kid his age to be. With a little effort, Jafar's eyes retreated back to where they first had been looking upon first beholding the boy from a greater distance than they did now, moving slowly up to Bartholomew's face. Jafar drew his breath deeply, before he replied hesitantly;

"Friend? You desire my friendship, even though we don't know each other?"

He loathed to be considered impolite, and hoped by all means that he did not sound as skeptical as he felt right there and then. Then again, who could really blame him for being suspicious? Jafar sent the boy an inquiring look; Were this a trick of some kind? Perhaps. It would not be the first time Amara had decided to test him. However, it was something about the boy. His eyes, which sparkled with cheer goodwill - a trait Amara never seemed to have possessed, and which she would hardly be able to imitate. Unless the boy was somehow bewitched, it could be safely assumed he was not Amara. Listening to the newcomer's monologue of as to how and why he were there in the first place, he moved his hand over the counter of the stout trader's chart, whereupon a single, shining coin appeared apparently from nowhere at all and landed on the wooden surface of the counter, gleaming in the sunlight from above them. That should suffice in making up from giving away the apple, at least. He looked back to the boy again at the mention of the 'cops', which he could nothing but assume were either the equivalent for the royal guard or perhaps the royal guards in a foreign language in their realm;

"That sounds like a good idea, where would you like to go?"
PM
^
bartholomew
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 07:07 PM
- Members -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
N/A
is Offline

(ooc: I don't know why i said cops. i meant guards. whoops. xd)

Bart watched Jafar who seemed fascinated by the flame in his hand and he grinned. It was one of the few tricks he was still learning but he had learned to hold the flame longer. The older boy was looking at him quietly and didn't speak for awhile. Bart wondered if he was considering if he was trustworthy or not. He grinned as the boy spoke and Bart nodded to his questions.

"Yes. I have some friends at home but I didn't come with them. And I'd like to be your friend. We both know magic and that's a rare gift. Others will fear or hate us. Some will even hunts us. Just look around you. We can only really rely on each other." said Bart.

He was quiet as Jafar spoke again.

"Anywhere would be good. I'm not picky. Anywhere would bef nie. Or you could show me some of your favorite spots? Whatever we do we should hurry before the guards show up." said Bart.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Jafar
 Posted: Mar 28 2015, 06:50 PM
- Members -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Genie
is Offline

It was with some effort that the older teenager resisted the urge to let out a sigh of annoyance at the advise of sticking to people like himself, who also shared the ability to use witchcraft. It were by no means the first time he had received that message, and if he knew the people whom he most commonly associate with half as well as he had reason to believe he did, he could safely assume that nor would this be the last time someone tried to hammer the idea into his head. Amara had always been prone to remind him of how it would be unwise it would be of him to mingle with the mundane inhabitants of Agrabah, as it could lead only to disaster in the end. Jafar, however, had never quite agreed with her. In his mind, it mattered not what someone is born, but what they grow to become. As far as he were concerned, the choice people make tells more about them than their abilities. However, it would be folly to start an argument with a witch of Amara's tremendous ability. After all, he were but a pupil, yet to be entrusted with real power, and as such, the mere idea of expressing an opposing argument to her narrow-minded world views would just lead him to a longer period of her handing out severe punishments for daring to questioning her judgment, which she seemed to consider flawless in every respect. He sent the youngster a surveying look, before he decided it best not to openly disagree with him. Should his Mistress somehow get wind of it, it would be the cause of more trouble than it was worth. Besides, the most important matter at hand were to depart the area before the guards made their way to the market place.

"Take my arm, and I will transport us both to the outskirts of Agrabah, we will be safe there."
PM
^
bartholomew
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 08:40 PM
- Members -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
N/A
is Offline

Bart grinned glad he was winning Jafar's trust. At least enough for him to not try to attack him or run off. He figured he didn't look very threatening as he was only 13 and Jafar was clearly older. He nodded at Jafar's request grabbing his arm with a grin.

"Then let's go. I trust you. I'm Bart." said Bart. He glanced around hearing shouts realizing the guards were on their way.

"We should hurry before we end up in jail or-"

He was interrupted as a spear hit the wall next to him as Bart shivered with how close it had got to him. He gulped nevuosly.

"Or that happens." said Bart.

He turned seeing several guards running towards them armed with spears and swords.

"Let's get out of here quick!" said Bart.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Jafar
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 01:28 PM
- Members -
- Age -
Single
- relationship status -
Genie
is Offline

Despite the sudden arrival of the royal guards, who looked as if they were trying to race each other to where the boys were standing with steel in their hands and fire in their eyes, Jafar did not look very worried. In the corner of his eyes, he had seen them coming, and a flash of wood and silver rushed through the air with a violent wooshing sound, but before it came even remotely close to striking the thriteen year old, Jafar had made an almost lazy wave of his hand, redirecting the spear so that it were rediricting, hiting a wall close by instead. He drew a deep breath, exhailing through his nose with a facial expression that looked suspiciously like - not fear, not anger, but... annoyance. There were another spear, this aimed at Jafar, but rather than hiting the intended target, it sort of froze in mid-air, before the tip of it were magically blunted, and the whole thing were thrown back in a spinning motion back from which it came, knocking two guards off their feet - and then, there were as if a rush of wind with the strenght of a small tornado swept through the market place, which tore charts from their allotted spaces and mercilessly crushed the stalls, the guards were likewise lifted from the ground and thrusted through the air, howling like wounded animals, the two boys were swallowed by a kind of sinister-looking cloud of grayish mist, there were, for the intense moment of fifteen seconds, nothing but dark shadows and this pulsating gray smoke sorrounding them, and then it dissolved into nothingness. The guards were gone, and so was the market place. They were no longer in Agrabah, but just outside it. The grusome shrikes of horror and anger from the palace guards and the cries of panicing citizens sounded distant, and Agrabah could only be seen by the waste, shadowy shapes of the buildings and the lights inside them. Jafar looked down at the younger teen, raising his eyebrows in a questioning glance:

"Are you all right?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection RPG-D Fallen Revelations Atlantis Unveiled

62442 Wizarding London RP Keep the Magic Secret The Enchanted Forest The Rise of Magic

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.