updates
Hey there stranger! Welcome to our little corner of happiness, otherwise known as Forever After! So glad you found us on the big wide world of the web! We are essentially an AU Once Upon a Time rpg, with a dash of Narnia, as well as other interesting fairy tales and folklores added into the mix! Feel free to look around and get an idea of who were are and what we do here, and don’t be shy, you can always ask any questions in our friendly C-Box! We hope you join here at FA!

events
staff

wanted

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic
New Poll

Meeting A Queen (Lucy)
Samson
 Posted: Sep 23 2014, 07:54 PM
- Veteran -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
dating Phillip
- relationship status -
Firefighter
- Awards: None -
is Offline

Arion/Samson/Felipe Castillo
He was surprised at being sent here to help Prince Caspian and the former kings and queens of Narnia to stop Miraz. But the former kings and queens had stopped the evil White Witch and her army and freed Narnia. His ancestor Phillip had let Edmund ride him into battle and that was something Narnia horses had never done before. He didn't know where the Pevensies or Caspian were. They were probably making some strategy or something. They didn't seem too bad for humans but he was still nervous around them.

King Miraz wasn't as bad as the White Witch but he was still a threat. How did they know Caspian would be any different? Some seemed to stand by him but he wasn't sure. Aslan had said humans had been ruling Narnia since its creation until the White Witch had overthrown the former royal family. Then the Pevensies had ruled after the witch's death and eventually Miraz's family. He hoped Aslan and everyone else was right about Caspian. He didn't want to be swapping out one tyrant for another. He bent down and started grazing from the grass. He paused looking up curiously. He thought he heard something but he must have imagined it. He went back to grazing in the grass but trying to stay alert just in case.

© kristen

--------------------
user posted image

I'm Baelfire/Neal, Arion/Samson/Felipe, Eustace, Maleficent, and Bartholomew/Leonardo.
PMEmail
^
Lucy Pevensie
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 10:22 AM
- Veteran -
"And as I looked around I began to notice That we were nothing like the rest.."
- Age -
it's complicated
- relationship status -
Queen/student
is Offline

”Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb, burn with a weak heart
(So I) guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet on the ground
Head in the sky
It's okay, I know nothing's wrong...nothing..”

Although the situation was dire, and their return was simply out of necessity, Lucy Pevensie was overjoyed to be in Narnia again. She had lived many years there before- and with time as it was between Narnia and the Land Without Magic the queen was younger than she had been when she left last! As confusing as it all was, she wouldn’t change it for the world and wondered what adventures this world held for her.

As Queen during the Golden Age, Lucy had seen more than a beautiful young woman should ever witness. Despite her brothers protests she had snuck into battle- proving that she was not only brave but true to her word. Her size would not limit her ability to protect those she cared for fiercely. Even still, she was often questioned or overlooked- well by everyone but Caspian it seemed.

Oh Caspian. Her teenage mind raced at the thought of the rightful King of Narnia- young, strong and dashing. She was a queen and he was a king… isn’t that how it was supposed to go? Today in particular she had been daydreaming- picturing a romantic walk along the shoreline, hand in hand with the dream boat of a Prince. Having woken up earlier than usual, Lucy decided to travel to one of her favorite places in all of Narnia, The Animal Kingdom. Often times she felt more comfortable around animals than people- they never judged her for her size or appearance. Instead they saw her kindness and compassion- the fire and light in her blue eyes.

Grinning the whole way, she didn’t notice the time ticking away. Could have been minutes, could have been hours- she hardly knew. The sun was shining high and bright and the birds were belting out a lovely tune. Lucy hummed along with them, making up words to the melody of nature. “Hi, yo, I got plenty of time. Hi, yo, you got light in your eyes…” Perhaps these were real words, to a real song, but she didn’t care enough to remember. Increasingly it became clear she should have brought some sort of supplies with her- only having left Cair Paravel with the clothes on her back.

Her small boot clad feet slowed with each step, low huffs escaping from her core. Stupid, stupid Lucy! Leave it to her to finally get back to Narnia and die of dehydration! By now she had crossed into the Animal Kingdom, and she instantly began to look for a body of water- or someone to direct her towards one. A deep frown had settled upon her expression as she attempted to lick her dry and cracked lips, which did nothing except cause them to crack and bleed.

Finally, she spotted a figure in the distance and took quick, silent steps towards it. Upon further examination she saw it was a horse- it’s golden coat glistening in the sunlight. Horses always knew where water was! Hoping not to scare it, she remained as quiet as possible until she got very close. “Excuse me, sir?” Her voice was small and sweet. “I don’t mean to interrupt what I’m sure is a lovely graze- but I am in desperate need of some water!” As if on cue, her voice cracked and a tiny dry wheeze followed as she tried her best to smile wide. To Lucy, it seemed natural to talk to animals.

She was finally home!

”Home, is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home she lifted up her wings
Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be, where I'll be..”
- This Must Be The Place by The Lumineers

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Samson
 Posted: Sep 26 2014, 06:56 PM
- Veteran -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
dating Phillip
- relationship status -
Firefighter
is Offline

Arion paused as he looked up hearing a voice. He spotted Lucy and recognized her.

"Queen Lucy? What are you doing all the way out here?" asked Arion.

He walked up to her as she said she needed water.

"Water? Hmm. There's a lake not far from here. Come I can lead you to it." said Arion.

He didn't completely trust her or the other humans. But Aslan did and that was good enough for him. At least for now. Lucy, Peter, Susan, and Edmund were the old kings and queens who used to rule Narnia who'd come back to help.

Caspian was the nephew of King Miraz and they were putting Caspian on the throne. How did they know Caspian was going to be any different from Miraz? He focused on the queen as he lead her to the lake. He bent down and took a drink himself from the lake. When he had felt like he had enough he turned to her.

"Are you alright now? Perhaps we should stay by the lake. Unless you have a way to carry some water with you." said Arion.

He didn't trust her much but he didn't want her to die either. She was just a child. Well compared to the other humans anyway. He felt responsible for her and would make sure she got back to Cair Paravel safely. If he could just figure out how to get her there without her being so thirsty again.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Lucy Pevensie
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 01:03 PM
- Veteran -
- Age -
it's complicated
- relationship status -
Queen/student
is Offline

Oh how foolish of her! Lucy knew this horse- at least knew who he was. His name was Arion and he was a brave solider- worthy of honor. "Queen Lucy? What are you doing all the way out here?" She supposed it wasn’t normal for a young Queen to be exploring like this, but she had a hard time keeping still with a curiosity that could never be depleted. Grinning, she jogged the rest of the way to meet the handsome creature.

“Oh all that talk of politics is rather boring to me! Besides, no one takes me seriously around Cair and I was getting sick of it!” Lucy announced, tilting her head to listen to Arion. Nodding her head eagerly she followed closely, being careful not to crowd him. Animals here were not for petting, or playing. They had just as many thoughts and feelings as anyone else, and it would be disrespectful and insulting to a grand warrior such as this one to even ask to ride upon his back. Swinging her arms she followed him silently, admiring his golden coat as they walked.

Running up to the water she dropped to her knees and plunged her head straight into the water. A small shiver ran up her spine at the sudden change in temperature, taking her head out now to drink as much as she possibly could. Once she was full to the brim, Lucy turned to Arion and stood up, shaking her hair out- water flying in all directions. “I’m much better! Thank you so much for your help. Your name is Arion, correct?” Her tone was light and happy- growing excited with each word.

“I don’t have anything to put water in- but I should be all right! I don’t want to go back to Cair Paravel though, you aren’t going to make me, are you? I know what my brothers might tell you to do but I can take care of myself, I promise! I’m not a kid and that’s all they ever treat me as…” Lucy sighed softly, clasping her hands together.

“Would you like to go on a walk with me? If you’re by my side then I’ll be safe, right?”
PM
^
Samson
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 06:54 PM
- Veteran -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
dating Phillip
- relationship status -
Firefighter
is Offline

Arion chuckled as she spoke.

"I can see how that can be tough. But you did rule Narnia with your siblings. You should remind them of that. You are a ruler of Narnia just as much as Peter or Edmund or Susan or Caspian. You should have an equal say in what's going on. And if someone mentions your age you should remind them you lived here for years as queen so you have plenty of experience." said Arion.

He grinned as she dunked her head into the water and drunk. He chuckled in amusement sometimes forgetting she was a child.

"I'm glad I could help your majesty. Yes I am Arion." said Arion.

He nodded as she spoke.

"Well it is a bit far from Cair Paravel. If I told you to leave you'd just go off on your own no doubt. And I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." said Arion.

Besides the fact he'd get blamed for it no doubt. She wasn't as bad as he'd expected her to be but he was still cautious. Humans had never proven worthy of his trust before so he'd just have to wait and see.

"You don't have to go back. At least not right away. But you should return soon. They will be worrying about you when they can't find you. The last time you were separated the White Witch had kidnapped your brother from what I've heard in the Narnia legends. You don't want them to think you're a prisoner or hurt or worse do you?" said Arion.

Arion nodded.

"Very well. I'll go with you. There's not many lakes or rivers nearby here besides this one. So we shouldn't go too far from this lake since you didn't bring a way to carry water with you." said Arion.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Lucy Pevensie
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 10:37 AM
- Veteran -
- Age -
it's complicated
- relationship status -
Queen/student
is Offline

Water dripped down the back of her neck, making Lucy shiver just lightly. She had sat to listen to him speak, crossing her legs and opening her eyes eagerly. It amazed her how intelligent animals could be- she had always known they were rather smart even back in England. No one ever believed her when she said she swore she could understand her pets growing up- saying her imagination was too wild.

That she needed to be realistic.

Realistic was borrrrriiiinnnnggggg.

"Well it is a bit far from Cair Paravel. If I told you to leave you'd just go off on your own no doubt. And I wouldn't want anything to happen to you.”

Perfect! Lucy could be good at convincing people, using her sweet smile and innocence to get others to see things her way. Grinning, she nodded and jumped back up to her feet, standing right next to Arion. Oh how she wished to pet him, and her hand twitched a little bit at the urge. She couldn’t, she just couldn’t!

She mustn’t be rude.

Pushing her wet hair back behind her ears, she waited until he was finished speaking to reply. “They worry too much! Peace has come to Narnia- each day my family ensures it is so! This is my second time around, and even though I’m small I’m quite good in battle.” She was proud of this fact, puffing up her chest a little- the same goofy grin on her face. “Besides… what fun is sitting around- waiting for things to happen? I’d much rather be on an adventure, dangerous or not, then sitting around Cair Paravel listening to my sister blab on about her newest dress or hairstyle.” The thought of Susan made her cringe and roll her eyes.

“I’m glad you’re going to join me though! We won’t go too far, I promise!” Lucy went to pat his head, but her hand froze in midair right above his nose. “OH! I’m so sorry! You just look so soft…” Her hand dropped quickly to her side, a look of shame crossing her young features. She was disappointed in herself, she had known better.

Trying to make up for it, she looked down at her feet and swung her arms at her side. “Tell me about yourself Arion! You know all this about me, but I hardly known anything about you. I hear you are brave and noble in battle! Maybe her compliment would make up for her stupid gesture….
PM
^
Samson
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 04:37 PM
- Veteran -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
dating Phillip
- relationship status -
Firefighter
is Offline

Arion watched and nodded.

"I hope so. It would be nice to have peace." said Arion.

Arion believed it would have been if humans had never come to Narnia. Humans brought the White Witch into this world in the first place. Granted it was different humans than the Pevensies but still made him distrust humans. And the fact that Caspian was the nephew of the current King Miraz who was causing so much pain and violence. He still wasn't sure if Caspian would be any better. But he didn't want to get to know him or any humans. He focused back on Lucy and she seemed to think she was good in battle. He hadn't seen her fight so he couldn't be sure. He would still keep her safe regardless. Arion chuckled at that.

"I see. So you crave adventure? But you should at least travel with a group or make sure you're trained in battle. You are brave to travel these lands alone but it's also dangerous. Not all animals here are friendly especially to humans." said Arion.

She was a queen so he'd respect her even if he didn't like her. It was Aslan's wish after all. He paused as she nearly petted him and stopped herself. She said he looked so soft and he wasn't sure to make of that. Humans were very strange creatures indeed.

"That's alright. No harm done. Just don't try again please. Forgive me for saying this your highness but I don't trust humans. But I can't leave you alone. It's my job to keep you safe." said Arion.

He paused at her words. He hoped she wasn't too mad or offended. He just didn't want to lie to her anymore about this. He was an honest horse and didn't like lying to anyone. Unless Aslan asked him too and he certainly hadn't expected to run into any of the High Kings or Queens of Narnia today.

"There's not much to tell really. I'm just a regular Narnian horse. I haven't seen my family in years but i swore an oath to Aslan to fight by his side and keep Narnia safe. I've fought off the tyrant's men many times. Most of us refuse to call him king. Prince Caspian's father was a much better king and I wish we'd foreseen Miraz's treachery. I just hope Caspian isn't as bad as his uncle. Many have faith and him but others fear he'll be just as bad as Miraz." said Arion.

He smiled at her.

"I am glad you think I am brave and noble. I don't fight for attention but it's nice to know I'm appreciated for my skills." said Arion.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Lucy Pevensie
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 11:02 AM
- Veteran -
- Age -
it's complicated
- relationship status -
Queen/student
is Offline

Lucy listened to Arion with wide blue eyes, slightly nodding in agreement. “They don’t call me Queen Lucy the Valiant for nothing you know!” She peeped, folding her hands together and placing them in front of her. Briefly she thought of England- how strange it would be to see a talking animal in The Land Without Magic. When she was forced to return, and she was sure she was going to be, she knew she would miss this- though she would still try her best to talk to every animal she came across.

"That's alright. No harm done. Just don't try again please. Forgive me for saying this your highness but I don't trust humans. But I can't leave you alone. It's my job to keep you safe."

Her expression fell, and Lucy hung her hand, looking down at her feet that she was digging into the dirt with. At least he was being honest with her- she would much prefer that then the lies people fed her to “spare her delicate feelings”. Yes, she had a big heart and an optimistic soul, but she understood the harsh realities- having experienced war here and back in England. Attempting to smile again, she lifted her eyes to look at Arion again. “I understand Arion. Many humans are terrible and cruel creatures- sometimes I wish I could be an animal myself! Perhaps I’ll ask Aslan if there’s something he can do about that.” A soft little giggle escaped her lips, and she placed her hands on her hips. “I will respect your space, I promise! It’s just hard for me, I suppose. I want everyone to be happy and get along- though I’m sure everyone will say that makes me stupid and naïve.” Shrugging her shoulders, Lucy stretched her arms to the sky.

“I do hope I can help convince you to trust humans, if even just a little.” Lucy left it at that- she couldn’t make him trust her, yet her heart ached just slightly knowing he didn’t. Though she was young, she was far from dumb. Sometimes she thought that maybe, just maybe she was the smartest one of them all.

Listening to his story caused her to frown. Arion was separated from his family, loyally staying by Aslan’s side to fight for his land. At least she had her brothers and sister, as annoying as they were, to protect and love her. “I believe Caspian is a good man- kind and strong. I trust him completely, and he seems to care deeply for the people and animals of Narnia.” Lucy’s face lit up when she spoke of Caspian, her teenage heart beating a little faster and a smile creeping onto her lips.

Oh sweet, handsome Caspian. Though he wasn’t much older than she, Lucy knew he most likely saw her as a child- a little sister. But she couldn’t help but love him, with his long dark hair and sparkling eyes. His muscular arms and…. She needed to stop of she would never be able to.

“You’re quite welcome! I think everyone deserves appreciation once in a while, especially those who don’t only perform such actions for glory. I have the greatest respect for the silent warrior- the one who only wishes to serve and protect with no reward.” As she spoke this, her voice seemed older- more noble, as that of a Queen.

“Shall we journey then? I’m getting restless!” Lucy ran in place a bit, trying to get rid of her excess energy.
PM
^
Samson
 Posted: Oct 22 2014, 02:23 PM
- Veteran -
N/A
N/A
- Age -
dating Phillip
- relationship status -
Firefighter
is Offline

Arion smiled at her title. He hadn't thought to learn any of their titles but valiant did seem to describe her.

"Queen Lucy the Valiant. It suits you." said Arion.

He saw she was disappointed at his mistrust of humans and it was odd. He didn't want her to be sad and yet he barely knew her. Maybe because she was a child was the reason. Children were always easier to get along with then adult humans. He paused at her words as she asked to be animal herself. He paused shaking his head.

"That may not be very wise. What if you were needed to help and no one could find you? Or Aslan was unreachable for awhile and couldn't turn you back?" said Arion.

He glanced at her as she said she would respect his space. But she just wanted everyone to get along.

"It's not stupid. It's a nice dream but the fact is most narnians have felt this way since the beginning. We've had good rulers, and bad rulers. Most recently Miraz and the White Witch. But I heard of your reign. You were one of the few good rulers and brought peace to this country." said Arion.

He shooks his head at her words.

"I don't think I will ever completely trust humans. There's just so much bad blood between humans and Narnian animals." said Felipe.

He listened as she spoke about Caspian saying he was a good king and she trusted him.

"Well I'll have to see that to believe it. So will most of the animals. Most of us are only loyal to him because of Aslan and we want Miraz off the throne. But we still fear Caspian could be just as bad as his father. His actions will show if he's a good king. Anyone can promise anything and break that promise." said Arion.

Arion smiled at her glad to be appreciated.

"You're quite right about that. My only reward is serving Aslan and protecting Narnia. I don't need anything else." said Arion.

He nodded.

"Alright. Do you have any particular destination in mind? It's not exactly safe out here. Water is scarce and food can be scarce too sometimes. Your title as queen may not matter to a hungry animal who hasn't eaten in awhile." said Arion.

But he made his vow to Aslan if an animal or human attacked he would defend Queen Lucy and her siblings. And right now it was just Lucy. He wouldn't let Aslan down and he didn't want to let Lucy down either. If he was paying more attention he'd notice he was starting to care about the young queen. But for now he was in denial and just wanted to keep her safe.

© kristen
PMEmail
^
Lucy Pevensie
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 01:27 PM
- Veteran -
- Age -
it's complicated
- relationship status -
Queen/student
is Offline

A soft blush graced her porcelain cheeks when Arion said the name fit her- though she wasn’t sure why. Lucy knew he was a horse after all- not a real man- but it wasn’t often she received compliments from any male- animal or human. She listened carefully to each of his words- mulling over each one. Though he claimed to not like humans- he certainly didn’t seem to mind speaking to her- it was difficult to deny her charm and kind nature.

"I don't think I will ever completely trust humans. There's just so much bad blood between humans and Narnian animals." Oh how she wish she could go back and change it all. Even in her world humans were the same, taking over the land and claiming it as their own. Forcing the animals from their homes, to run and hide- to live in fear and struggle to survive. It practically made her ill. “I can understand that Arion. There are times I’m not proud of what I am, but I can’t change that I suppose, as much as I’d like to! Humans can be cruel and callous- even to each other.” A grim expression crossed her features- darkening them as she pushed her toe into the dirt below.

“His actions will show if he's a good king. Anyone can promise anything and break that promise." How true those words were, and the young queen had never really thought of it that way. Although Arion may never respect or see her as she wished- Lucy was glad she had stumbled upon him this day. He was an honest and most intelligent horse- who was teaching her more about Narnian animals than she had ever known in her previous stay. Back then… whenever “then” was, she had been more focused on the war- on proving herself to her siblings and to the kingdom.

What she had forgotten was that in order to rule you must know who you are ruling over- inside and out. Lucy thought she knew, but in reality she knew nothing. “I have always been so trusting… taking everyone for their word. You may not know it, but you have taught me a great deal in a very short time.” She admitted softly, her tone sweet and sincere. “I can see why Aslan puts so much trust in you!”

Frowning at the last bit of his comment, she shrugged her shoulders and jumped up a bit. “I feel safe with you Arion, besides even if they don’t care about my title they most certainly will care that I am being escorted by Aslan’s go to guy.” Lucy bobbed her head a bit cutely, before pressing her finger to her chin as she thought. “I’ve always wanted to see Pride Rock? I know, I know, you are going to say it’s dangerous, aren’t you? All we have to do is go there and back, we don’t even have to stop!” Pressing her hands together as if she was praying, she batted her eyelashes as if to beg.

“Aslan wouldn’t let any harm come to us, I just know it!”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection RPG-D Fallen Revelations Atlantis Unveiled

62442 Wizarding London RP Keep the Magic Secret The Enchanted Forest The Rise of Magic

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.